As is, the original NEC TurboDuo outputs only composite video. This mod will upgrade the console to output RGB.
A comprehensive install includes the following:
- Replace the 5 pin DIN with an 8 pin DIN to support the extra RGB pins
- Install RGB amp designed for NEC consoles
- replace 2 ceramic capacitors on the board to remove jailbars in video output
- A TurboDuo system must be provided in good working condition
- RGB amp and 8 pin DIN port are provided as part of this install
- By default, sync is taken from composite video (hence not loosing composite video output) If you require CSYNC, we can enable that but in the process you will lose cvideo output
- If the system has not had all its electrolytic capacitors replaced, it's strongly recommended to do so. Capacitor leakage on the TurboDuo is very common and they all need to be replaced at this time.
TurboDuo RGB install
- Brand: NEC
- Product Code: DUO_RGB
- Availability: In Stock