As is, the original NEC PC Engine DUO and it's subsequent releases (DUO-R and DUO-RX) output only composite video. This mod will upgrade the console to output RGB.
A comprehensive install includes the following:
- Replace the 5 pin DIN with an 8 pin DIN to support the extra RGB pins
- Install RGB amp designed for NEC consoles
- replace 2 ceramic capacitors on the board to remove jailbars in video output
- A PC Engine DUO/-R/-RX system must be provided in good working condition
- RGB amp and 8 pin DIN port are provided as part of this install
- By default, sync is taken from composite video (hence not loosing composite video output) If you require CSYNC, we can enable that but in the process you will lose composite video output
- For PC Engine DUO, if the system has not had all its electrolytic capacitors replaced, it's strongly recommended to do so. Capacitor leakage on the PC Engine DUO is very common and they all need to be replaced at this time.
- For PC Engine DUO-R/-RX, the capacitors are not known to leak and do not need to be replaced.
PC Engine DUO/-R/-RX RGB install
- Brand: NEC
- Product Code: DUOR_RGB
- Availability: In Stock