As is, the ColecoVision outputs only RF. This will upgrade the console to output RGB. The ColecoVision RGB amp we use and recommend is the TMS-RGB, a modern RGB amp with the most accurate color reproduction. More information on this RGB kit can be found here.
A comprehensive install includes the following:
- ColecoVision RGB kit install
- Clean / rebuild the power switch (very common failure point)
- Replace the ColecoVision BIOS with a fast boot modified one (eliminate the 10-15s game start wait)
- system cleanup and verification
- A working ColecoVision system must be provided
- We periodically have stock of the TMS-RGB kits. If not, you will need to provide it.
- The RGB port used will be an 8 pin mini DIN. It will be wired to the XRGB mini standard.
- The best SCART RGB 8 pin miniDIN cable is the one Tim Worthington sells as an option with the 2600RGB. You can also purchase this cable from us directly.
ColecoVision RGB install
- Brand: Coleco
- Product Code: COLECORGB
- Availability: In Stock