Install Robert Neumann's Optical Disc Emulator into a Sony PS1. Replace the failing CD-ROM drive with a modern device that allows you to load all your games from an SD card by selecting what game you want to play from an on screen menu. While this kit will work with Sony PS1 models SCPH-100x, SCPH-5xxx and some SCPH-700x (PU-7, PU-8 and PU-18) we strongly recommend only getting it installed in a SCPH-5xxx (PU18) system. This will allow you to upgrade to the PS1Digital (HDMI output) in the future as that kit only supports SCPH-5xxx models.
A comprehensive install includes the following:
- Install the kit into the PS1
- Upgrade to the latest available firmware
- (optional) Install 3D printed SD card extension in the hole left behind by missing optical drive
- system cleanup and verification
- A working Sony PS1 system must be provided that is compatible with the kit.
- The XStation kit must be provided by the customer. It can be purchased here.
- (optional) If a 3D printed SD extension is required, it must be provided by the customer.
XStation Optical Disc Emulator install
- Brand: Sony
- Product Code: PS1XSTATION
- Availability: In Stock