The Terraonion Super SD System 3 is a great device for the NEC line of consoles that allows you to play HU ROMs and CD-ROM ISOs from an SD card on your NEC console. It also has RGB video and audio output from a Sega Genesis 2 port found in the back of the device, bypassing the original console's output. Unfortunately, when first released, there were design errors resulting in suboptimal video and audio output. Terraonion has since fixed it in a subsequent release of the SSDS3 and the SSDS3 Pro is not effected at all. If you have a rev B of the SSDS3, then you don't need this mod done on your device.
But, if you have the original SSDS3 revision, we can fix the video and audio output by installing 2 kits into your SSDS3. The first kit, known as the FU-RGB was designed by Voultar and corrects the RGB output. The second kit, designed by FirebrandX, fixes the audio output.
A comprehensive install includes the following:
- Install Voultar's FU-RGB kit into your SSDS3
- Install the FirebrandX audio bypass board into your SSDS3
- (optional) if you provide us with your NEC console (PC Engine or Turbografx-16) we will install the 2 ceramic capacitors required to remove the jailbars see in RGB video output
- The FU-RGB and audio bypass board are provided by us
- Brand: NEC
- Product Code: SSDS3REPAIR
- Availability: In Stock